Friday, October 2, 2009

Today's Recipe MOIST Cornbread Muffins

In spite of my best efforts I have not found a really moist, delicious cornbread recipe.

They always seem to turn out dry, gritty and/or have an unusual (unpleasant) taste.

Here I go - off to the kitchen...

***


12:42
I'm back. and experiment 1 was fairly successful - aout a 3.5 out of 5. I have a moist muffin and no unpleasant taste, but I would like it to be a little sweeter with more corn flavour. A variation I would like to work on is a "buffalo-style" cornbread. But, first I need to focus on this recipe. I need to pick up some corn.
***

Made my daily Kroger's excursion...

"Ganached" my truffles for the MI/MI State game tomorrow at Walt & Nancy's- it will take a while to set up... oh, they are Version 2 - "Crispy Chippy Chocolate Truffles with Espresso Ganache"

***

4:56
Well Version 2 Corn Muffin is much better - about a 4.5. Added more sugar, reduced corn meal and added frozen white corn - pan roasted with minced onions. Still looking for a 5 though. We'll see how they are at room temperature later.

1 comment: