Saturday, October 3, 2009

Walt & Nancy's Michigan-Michigan State Party

Decided to create mini Chicken Enchilada Pies last night.

This morning I woke up with a plan in my head. I got 2 frozen chicken breasts out to thaw before breakfast.

Before I knew it it was 10 am and we were planning to leave around 11 (I always loose track of time doing my crossword) - get it in gear!

Pounded and sauteed the chicken - seasoned it and sauteed, shredded and set aside. Blended in mixer with other filling ingredients and chilled.

I tried out my pastry making skills using my ravioli cutter - worked great!

Chilled again before baking (while I took a quick shower).

Came down and finished topping them and threw in oven while I finished getting ready.

Look great!

I think these are a 4 out of 5. I need to roll the pastry a little thinner and change out an ingredient to make a little spicier. A successful day.

Thinking about a pie recipe to try tomorrow to enter the Pillsbury Monthly Challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment